A renal (kidney) panel, also known as Kidney Profile or Kidney Function Test (KFT), is a group of tests that help in determining the health of kidneys by evaluating various parameters, such as proteins, electrolytes, minerals, and blood sugar.
The renal profile test is done:
• As a routine check-up.
• For the early screening of kidney diseases in people having risk factors such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
• To diagnose kidney disorders or diseases.
• To monitor the treatment of kidney diseases.
- blood urea nitrogen
- urea – serum
- creatinine, serum
- phosphorus, inorganic – serum
- uric acid – serum
- calcium, serum
- chloride – serum
- potassium – serum / plasma
- sodium – serum